Regulations of the Society for Gender Studies in Japanese
Article 3. Activities
Annual fees for each membership level are below. Fees are for one fiscal year, which the Society considers to be from April 1 to March 30 of the following year. No refund is given for annual fees.
a. Full members: 4,000 yen
b. Auxiliary members: multiples of 10,000 yen.
c. Student members: 2,000 yen
3. Application process: Individual or corporation applicants shall
submit a designated application form. Membership for the year of
application is put into effect immediately after the application form is
submitted and the annual fee is paid; applications submitted before
December of a calendar year are retroactively applied while
applications submitted after January1 are applied to that calendar
year. A membership year is from April 1 of the year of application to
March 31 of the following year.
Article 6. Leadership
Leadership of the Society is comprised of a Board of Directors and a Board of Trustees. These shall consist of one President, one or two Vice-president(s), one Chief-secretary, one Chief-editor, one Deputy-editor, one Financial director, one Auditor, one Public relations officer, and two (2) to four (4) Directors and five (5) to seven (7) Trustees.
- The Society’s Board of Directors consists of one President, one or two Vice-president(s), one Chief-secretary, one Financial director, one Public relations officer, and other Directors. The Society’s Officers shall be the Chief-officer, Financial director, and Public relations officer. Decisions by the Society’s leadership shall be made with the consent of a two thirds majority of those attending the leadership meeting.
- The Society’s Board of Directors shall recommend new Board members and shall nominate the organizer of an annual conference or study meetings.
- New Board members with recommendation by the Board of Directors shall be confirmed with the consent of a half majority of those attending the general assembly.
- The President shall preside over the business of the Society and act as its representative.
- The Vice president(s) shall assist in all aspects of the President’s duties.
- Chief- and Deputy- editors shall preside over the business of editing and reviewing papers.
- Other board members shall engage in general affairs in the office of secretary, financial affairs, public relations, and maintenance of the Society’s website. The auditors shall conduct an annual financial audit of the Society at the financial year end.
- Trustees shall attend a leadership meeting held during the annual conference and shall advise the Board of Directors about running the Society.
- The organizer of the committee of an annual conference or study meetings shall preside over the business of the annual conference or study meetings with the committee members.
Article 7. Honorary Appointment
The Board of Directors shall recommend an appointment of an honorary president and advisors.
- The honorary president shall be an individual who had been appointed as President of the Society and credited for his/her distinguished service to the Society. The honorary president shall be appointed with the consent of more than half of those attending the general assembly.
- Advisors shall be individuals who have been credited for their distinguished research achievement. Advisors shall be appointed with the consent of more than half of those attending the general assembly.
Article 8. Term
- The term of each board member shall be three (3) years. One renewal of the term is allowed.
- The term of the organizing committee of an annual conference shall be one (1) year.
- The term of the auditor shall be one (1) year. One renewal of the term is allowed.
- The term of the honorary president and advisors shall be two (2) years. Renewals are allowed with the consent of the Board of Directors.
Article 9. General Assembly
Article 10. Editorial Board
The Editorial Board of the Society’s bulletin The Japanese Language and Gender consists of a Chief-editor, a Deputy-editor and other editors. The Editorial Board engages in editing and reviewing papers. Details of bulletin editing are in the Manuscript Preparation Guide (Shippitsu yoryo) .
Article 11. Office
- The Society shall establish an office in the Watanabe Research Office at Gunma University.
- The Society’s bank account shall be opened at a place near the Financial director’s residence, if his/her place is distant from the Society’s Office. Refer to the list of Board members to find the name of the Financial director.
Amendment of Regulations
- These regulations shall be published at the inaugural meeting of The Society for Gender Studies in Japanese on June 18, 2016, and shall be effective from that date.
- These regulations may be amended with the consent of a two thirds majority of those attending the general assembly.